Process Technician (Nights)
Posted on May 31, 2018
This position is a perfect fit for someone that is passionate about using their technical skills in a team setting to support our high-speed, full cycle production process. Our Process Technicians are responsible for performing diversified duties to support the achievement of our business objectives, and play an important role in reaching both short-term and long-term goals on the production floor.
The Process Technician is responsible for mold set-ups, label and color changes, troubleshooting and process monitoring to produce plastic molded parts that meet customer specifications. Responsibility includes ensuring production and safety requirements are met and maintained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job Set Up and Teardown
- Perform mold changes, insert changes and assist with material changes as needed.
- Verify and change colorant per work order.
- Verify and change in-mold labels per work order.
- Ensure all safety devices are working on presses and auxiliary equipment while in operation.
- Set-up auxiliary equipment needed for the operation.
- Set-up workstations for optimum work flow.
- Complete Molding Start Up Shutdown Checklist (F-407) in a timely manner.
- Submit last shot and tool log book with molds being returned as required. Report any issues with the tool that may require repair.
- Clean the machine and return all components no longer needed back to the proper storage location.
- Review and record the process parameters for presses in operation.
- Identify and correct problems.
- Look for ways to improve process performance and increase efficiency.
- Make adjustments to the machine, auxiliary equipment and operating processes as needed to ensure parts are meeting production requirements.
- Document all process changes.
- Communicate with the Quality Assurance Inspector to verify parts are meeting tolerances and customer requirements.
Food Safety Management
- All employees are required to understand and follow all Gateway Food Safety Management System policies and procedures. In addition, employees are responsible for reporting problems with the Food Safety Management System to a supervisor, manager or the Quality Systems Representative.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience desired.
Competitive full benefits package. 12 hour rotating shift 6:30pm-6:30am means 2-3 week days off every week and a 3 day weekend every other weekend!
At Gateway Plastics, we are committed to becoming our customer’s preferred supplier by providing superior value in regards to quality, service and price. We have set ourselves apart as a leading provider of rigid packaging for the food and pet care industries by providing our employees with a state-of-the-art facility and encouraging them to contribute their ideas and become a member of a dynamic team. A few clicks of the mouse is all it takes to get you started – make the most of your potential and explore the career opportunities at Gateway Plastics!
If you have a resume to upload, apply using the Submit Resume link. If you don't have a resume to upload, create one and apply using the Online Application link.