Maintenance Technician (Nights)
Posted on March 20, 2018
Do you enjoy problem solving while using your mechanical skillset? Do you like juggling multiple tasks at once? Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technology and automation? If any of these apply to you, we have an opening for a Maintenance Technician that might be right up your alley.
SUMMARY: Maintenance Technician will be responsible for repairs, troubleshooting and expertise in functionality of all machinery, high speed robotics and automation and plant support equipment. This includes troubleshooting hydraulic and pneumatic circuits with the aid of schematics and repairing electric circuits with complete understanding of electrical schematic diagrams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include but are not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair high speed robotics and automation equipment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair injection molding machines and a variety of, auxiliary equipment.
- Service lifts, hoists, power and miscellaneous material handling equipment.
- Maintain and repair plant systems to include plumbing, heating and air conditioning, ventilating and exhaust equipment, compressors, etc.
- Perform electrical repairs to machines and equipment. Diagnose electrical / electronic malfunctions, troubleshoot microprocessors.
- Work from prints, plans, sketches and layouts.
- Perform preventive maintenance activities on all production equipment in a timely manner. Use precision measuring instruments such as scale, calipers, dividers, level, micrometers, etc.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required with additional related education / training a plus. Minimum 4 years maintenance experience required. Maintenance experience in repairing plastic injection molding machines (Husky, Van Dorn) and related equipment is desired. Working knowledge of robotics and automation required. Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electricity Industrial level electrical/PLC skills a plus.
Competitive full benefits package. 12 hour rotating shift 6:30pm-6:30am means 2-3 week days off every week and a 3 day weekend every other weekend!
At Gateway Plastics, we are committed to becoming our customer’s preferred supplier by providing superior value in regards to quality, service and price. We have set ourselves apart as a leading provider of rigid packaging for the food and pet care industries by providing our employees with a state-of-the-art facility and encouraging them to contribute their ideas and become a member of a dynamic team. A few clicks of the mouse is all it takes to get you started – make the most of your potential and explore the career opportunities at Gateway Plastics!
If you have a resume to upload, apply using the Submit Resume link. If you don't have a resume to upload, create one and apply using the Online Application link.